The TrackIR 5 Ultra pack includes the NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 and the NaturalPoint TrackClip Pro.
- 3 times the resolution of TrackIR 4
- Larger field of view
- New image processing design for more accurate, smoother tracking
- Improved sunlight filtering
- Detachable base to improve durability
- Completely new software with more options, and a much more user friendly interface (software will work with TrackIR 3 with Vector, TrackIR 4, and TrackIR 5)
The best headtracking game controller ever designed - experience real time 3D view control in video games and simulations just by moving your head! TrackIR takes your PC gaming to astonishing new levels of realism and immersion! TrackIR 5 is a major evolution in gaming input, taking NaturalPoint's proven optical tracking technology to the next level. NaturalPoint has completely redesigned the TrackIR 5 from the ground up to deliver an amazingly robust device and the basis for great new heights in the years to come. How does TrackIR 5 differ from TrackIR 4? TrackIR 5 offers 3 times the resolution of TrackIR 4 and it has an increased field of view.
TrackIR 5 features a new image processing design for more accurate, smoother tracking and a detachable base to improve durability. Perhaps the feature most prominent for Australian simulation and action gamers is the TrackIR 5's improved sunlight filtering, which improves tracking during daylight and other strong ambient lighting conditions. How does it work? As you move in your chair and rotate your head small amounts your game-view will precisely correspond. You never have to look away from the monitor because all aspects of your motion are amplified and adjustable!
The TrackIR package contains a small, wide-angle, infra-red camera and a reflector clip (to clip onto the brim of a cap) the camera detects light reflected from the clip and tracks the movement of the reflections in order to provide input to programs that support axis-based controls. In short: TrackIR turns your head movements into in-game movements. The TrackIR 5 is NaturalPoint's premium product - the best optical headtracking system available. The TrackIR 5 provides 6DOF (Degrees-of-Freedom), which allows for yaw, pitch, roll movements, as well as movement along the X, Y and Z axes. Not all games/sims support 6DOF, but most support at least two (which are required for simple free-look movements).
The device itself is tiny, measuring only a few centimetres in all directions and with its flexible feet, is easily mountable on the top of a CRT or TFT screen and is connected via USB 2.0. Installing the software is a breeze and youll be up and running in moments. To install the included TrackClip Pro accessory, you simply plug the TrackIR into the TrackClip's cable and plug that into your PC. The TrackClip 'add-on device' provides IR lights instead of reflectors and can be clipped onto an audio headset instead of a hat.
- TrackIR 5 device (with 6 ft. USB cable)
- 1xBlack TrackClip Pro
- 1xBlack TrackClip
- Quick Start Guide.
Supported Game Titles
- America's Army
- Armed Assault (ArmA)
- Battle of Britain II
- Battleground Europe (World War II Online)
- Colin McRae Rally 2004 & DiRT
- Combat Flight Simulator 3
- Condor - The Competition Soaring Simulator
- Cross Racing Championship 2005
- Enemy Engaged Comanche vs. Hokum
- F1 Challenge
- Falcon 4.0 & Falcon 4 Allied Force
- Flight Simulator 2002, 2004 & Flight Simulator X
- GTR & GTR 2
- GT Legends
- Grand Prix Legends
- IL2 Sturmovik - Forgotten Battles
- Ace Expansion & Pacific Fighters
- Lock On Modern Air Combat & Lock On Flaming Cliffs
- NASCAR SimRacing
- RACE - The WTCC Game & RACE 07 - The Official WTCC Game
- Richard Burns Rally
- Ship Simulator 2006 & Ship Simulator 2008
- Star Wars Galaxies
- Test Drive Unlimited
- ToCA Race Driver 2
- Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006 & Trainz Classics
- Wings Over Europe, Wings Over Israel & Wings Over Vietnam
- X Motor Racing & X-Plane