Expansion Unit for Increasing Capacity of the Synology DiskStation
Synology DX513 delivers an effortless solution for volume expansion and data backup for selected Synology DiskStation models. The DX513 seamlessly scales up the storage capacity of the DiskStation by an additional 5 hard drives on-the-fly when connected directly by an expansion cable.
- Online Volume Expansion
- Dedicated Local Backup Solution
- Reliable Plug-n-use Design
- Hot-swappable HDD Design
- Auto power on/off with DiskStation Models
Volume Expansion & Backup
When running out of hard drive capacity on the Synology DiskStation, Synology DX513 provides an easy way to immediately scale capacity by additional 5 hard drives. The RAID volume on the Synology DiskStation can be expanded directly without having to reformat the existing hard drives, ensuring the Synology DiskStation continues its service during the capacity expansion.
Synology DX513 can be used as a dedicated local backup solution for the Synology DiskStation. When created as a separate volume, the Synology DX513 provides a great backup solution to its local hard disks in case of system failure.
||No. of Applicable Expansion Unit(s)
||Max. No. of HDDs
Reliable Plug-n-use Design
The Synology DX513 is connected to the Synology DiskStation using an expansion cable with custom-designed connectors on both ends, ensuring a reliable connection and maximum throughput. The 3.0 Gb/sec connection speed allows the hard drives in the connected Synology DX513 to operate as the internal ones of Synology DiskStation.
Green & Easy to Manage
Deep Sleep mode can be manually configured to take effect automatically when the system has been inactive for a period of time. This not only saves energy but also extends the lifespan of the hard disk. DX513 can also automatically power on/off when paired with selected DiskStation, so no user intervention is needed to keep the system running intelligently and efficiently.
- Internal HDD : 3.5" SATA or 2.5" SATA X 5
- Expansion Port X 1
- Hot Swappable HDD : Yes
- Size : 157 x 248 x 233 (mm)
- Weight : 3.91 kg
- System Fan : 80 x 80 mm X 2
- Noise Level1 : 30dB(A)
- Power Recovery : Sync with the paired DiskStation (Default Mode)
- AC Input Power Voltage : 100V to 240V AC
- Power Frequency : 50/60 Hz, Single Phase
- Operating Temperature : 5C to 35C (40F to 95F)
- Storage Temperature : -10C to 70C (15F to 155F)
- Relative Humidity : 5% to 95% RH
- Maximum Operating Altitude : 6,500 feet
- Supported Models3 : DS710+, DS712+, DS713+, DS1010+, DS1511+, DS1512+, DS1812+; Use as independent volume: DS112, DS112+, DS212+, DS213+, DS412+, DS413
- 45.1W (Access); 2W (Deep Sleep)2
- Managed through the Synology DSM
- FCC: Class B
- CE : Class B
- BSMI : Class B
- DX513 Main Unit
- User's Guide
- Assembling Kit
- AC Power Cord
- Expansion Cable