HP 842 1200mm Shock Grey Intelligent Series Rack
Do you need better intelligence on your datacenter's power and cooling, and server location and identity? The HP Intelligent Series Racks, with optional Location Discovery Services sends the rack identification number and precise U location to the servers. This provides important location information to iLO, HP OneView and Insight Control Software along with server power and temperature data, allowing you to place workloads more efficiently.
Manual, error-prone asset management is removed because servers that can now self-identify and inventory themselves. HP Power Discovery Services is also available.
Using an HP Intelligent PDU and HP Platinum Plus 94% efficient common slot power supplies, HP Power Discovery Services reduces power configuration errors and precisely tracks power usage by rack and by server, removing the need for manual power topology record keeping. Several models or the HP Intelligent Series Racks are now available in classic HP Black or new light grey color.
- Select models of the HP Intelligent Series Racks are now available in a new light grey color to reduce ambient lighting demands in data centers.
- HP Intelligent Series Networking Racks are available in 42U height and both 600mm and 800mm widths. These racks feature set-back mounting rails to support front cabling of networking equipment.
- A 42U Intelligent Series Air Duct Rack is available for datacenters that channel hot exhaust air from the rear of the rack directly into the top plenum (air return) to eliminate datacenter hot spots.
HP Intelligent Infrastructure Reclaims Limited Space, Power, and Cooling Resources
- Intelligence – HP Intelligent Series Rack enclosures with optional HP Location Discovery Services allow you to fine-tune workload placement with servers that self-identify and inventory themselves, allowing you to efficiently place workloads while removing manual, error prone asset management tasks.
- Cooling - HP Thermal Discovery Services technology correlates server temperature and workload to reduce server fan power needed to cool servers efficiently, and an innovative 81% open perforation area on the door helps better cool servers.
- Power – HP Power Discovery Services technology removes power configuration errors and precisely tracks power usage by rack and by server, therefore getting rid of manual record keeping.
- Structural Integrity - Up to 3000 pounds of dynamic loading enables HP Intelligent Series racks to ship and be moved fully configured with all types of equipment.
- Convenience - Unmatched cable management in the back of the rack provides tool-less operations and extra space for hot air to pass from the rack.
1360 kg (3000 lb)
1360 kg (3000 lb)
Doors-Light grey with silver extrusion; Frame-Light grey
Dimensions and weight
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
31.41 x 51.19 x 79.00 in
3/0/0 - Warranty (parts-labor-onsite)
What's in the box
(1) 842 1200mm Grey Intelligent Series Shock Rack